Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Shah, Rahul1" <ra...@intel.com> on 2013/03/01 21:27:16 UTC

Run my first task on hadoop

Hi,

I wanna start using Hadoop. I have Hadoop clusters set up by someone and I have to try my hands on it. How do I get going with running any kind of task. Any suggestions ?

Also before running any task what configuration should I make sure are setup properly. I have not installed it myself so not sure if it is configured properly for any task. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

-Rahul

Re: Run my first task on hadoop

Posted by shubham <sh...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
On 03/02/2013 01:57 AM, Shah, Rahul1 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanna start using Hadoop. I have Hadoop clusters set up by someone
> and I have to try my hands on it. How do I get going with running any
> kind of task. Any suggestions ?
>
> Also before running any task what configuration should I make sure are
> setup properly. I have not installed it myself so not sure if it is
> configured properly for any task. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. Thanks
>
> -Rahul

First check whether hadoop processes (namenode, secondarynamenode,
jobtracker and tasktracker) are running in your clusters or not. Use "ps
-ef" for it. If they are running then you can try any example inside
hadoop tarball or just try to copy data from your local filesystem to
hdfs and back. If the processes are not running than u need to check the
hadoop conf files and your java environment. There are lot of good
tutorials on internet to start with configuration.

Thanks..

Re: Run my first task on hadoop

Posted by shubham <sh...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.

Posted by shubham <sh...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.