Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/04/03 14:55:42 UTC

Re: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue

Jonathan Spaeth wrote:
> Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing it
> as well.
>
> I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd
> server.
> I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have received
> this error exploding through my logs.
>
> What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the
> cocoon webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they do
> not stop.  They are stored in the log files and the log files just keep
> growing because the exceptions are being constantly thrown.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this?

Let me look at it.

Re: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Spaeth wrote:
>>
>>> Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing
>>> it as well.
>>>
>>> I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd
>>> server.
>>> I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have
>>> received this error exploding through my logs.
>>>
>>> What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the
>>> cocoon webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they
>>> do not stop.  They are stored in the log files and the log files just
>>> keep growing because the exceptions are being constantly thrown.
>>>
>>> Has anybody else experienced this?
>>

> I applied the current prerelease JAR (which is what Event-1.0.2 was)
> to CVS.  I ran the tests and have not received any abstract queue
> errors.  I am running docs now, and will examine the logs.
>
> There *shouldn't* be any problems.  I will report back when the
> docs are built.

All is well.  Please get a fresh checkout from CVS and retry.

One major thing to watch out for:

make sure you do not have conflicing JARs in your classpath.

If you have an old version of Event in your WEB-INF/lib directory
along with the new one, there is a good chance you are not seeing
a new abstract method because the old class is being loaded.

Please double-check your JARs

Re: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.