Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bennington Purcell <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/12 16:37:05 UTC

Updating a Cordova/Phonegap code base dynamically?

Has anyone tried to code an update system into a phonegap app?  It seems
like we could pull the html and javascript files down auto magically?  That
way I wouldn't have to go through the app store to make changes.  Use file
rewrite and overwrite changed files.  I guess you could have a script on
your site that would have a json flag and a list of files to download?

Anyone tried anything like this?   i searched in the archives but I didn't
see anything like this.

--

*Bennington V Purcell -** Poros Technologist*

http://www.BennPurcell.com
p: (617) 379-0170

Re: Updating a Cordova/Phonegap code base dynamically?

Posted by Bennington Purcell <be...@gmail.com>.
Interesting.  I wonder what the split is between updating content and
updating codebase!

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@gmail.com>.
Yup, as does Netflix.

Posted by Bennington Purcell <be...@gmail.com>.