Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by jean-michel <j-...@netcourrier.com> on 2006/10/09 15:02:36 UTC

Internet explorer cache problem

Hi!

I created my own FileStore class for use with slide and the tomcat server.
It basically modifies the content of the file before storing it.
Everything works fine besides one thing...

The problem appears when I mount a WebDAV folders through My Network Places in
windows.
If I drag and drop a file to the webdav folder, the file is stored with the
modifications I applied to it. (I know it cause when I try to have the file back
throurh a firefox window at the localhost adress, I get the modified file).
Problem is that when I drag and drop on the other side (from the webdav folder
to my desktop for example), windows gives back the original document without the
modifications.

I found that when erasing the Internet explorer cache just before doiong the
backward operation, I don't get the problem anymore. Problem is I'd like to
automatially not have this problem.

Does anyone knows an slide option to configure or a trick in order to not have
the file being stored in Internet explorer cache?
Thi bug is really anoying for what I plan to do.

By advance, thanks a lot.