Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2001/12/10 12:06:26 UTC

Build problem in Phoenix

I tried doing a dist build of the Phoenix project and am getting the
following error:

E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\build.xml:206: Failed to copy
E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon\src\documentation\diagrams\images\uml\package_thread.png
E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\build\documentation\diagrams\images\uml\package_thread.png
due to null

It is being caused by the following block at line 206 (and again at 317) in the build.xml file:
<copy todir="${build.context}" filtering="on">
<fileset dir="${context.dir}">
<exclude name="resources/**"/>
<exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
</fileset>
</copy>

The problem, I think, is that the png files are getting the filter run
on them and failing.
If I change to the following, it works great.
<copy todir="${build.context}" filtering="on">
<fileset dir="${context.dir}">
<exclude name="diagrams/images/**"/>
<exclude name="resources/**"/>
<exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
</fileset>
</copy>

Do these images need to be copied in another copy task?

Cheers,
Leif

Re: Build problem in Phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:06, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> I tried doing a dist build of the Phoenix project and am getting the
> following error:
>
> E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\build.xml:206: Failed to copy
> E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon\src\documentation\diagrams\images\uml\package_thr
>ead.png to
> E:\Jakarta\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\build\documentation\diagrams\images\uml\p
>ackage_thread.png due to null
>
> It is being caused by the following block at line 206 (and again at 317) in
> the build.xml file: <copy todir="${build.context}" filtering="on">
> <fileset dir="${context.dir}">
> <exclude name="resources/**"/>
> <exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
> </fileset>
> </copy>
>
> The problem, I think, is that the png files are getting the filter run
> on them and failing.
> If I change to the following, it works great.
> <copy todir="${build.context}" filtering="on">
> <fileset dir="${context.dir}">
> <exclude name="diagrams/images/**"/>
> <exclude name="resources/**"/>
> <exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
> </fileset>
> </copy>
>
> Do these images need to be copied in another copy task?

actually - they don't need to be copied at all ;) I think I may have fixed it
but then again I never got that exception locally ;) Does it work for you now
?

--
Cheers,

Pete