Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com> on 2013/05/13 22:04:49 UTC

Solr 4.3 core swap

Since upgrading to solr 4.3 we get the following errors on our slaves when we
swap cores on our master:

Solr index directory
'/usr/local/solr_aggregate/solr_aggregate/data/index.20130513152644966' is
locked.  Throwing exception

SEVERE: Unable to reload core: production
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index locked for write for core
production

SEVERE: Could not reload core
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to reload core: production

On older solr versions it would create a new index.* directory and use it,
it hasn't been the case w/ 4.3.  The new core seems to replicate fine and
the new index files are in the original index.* directory so I'm not sure
what is happening.

Thanks