Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by eric b <er...@free.fr> on 2012/05/17 08:00:22 UTC

Resigning from PPMC

Hi,

After what happened, please consider I'm resigning form PPMC.

Please remove my commit rights, and my name from everywhere on the
Apache site, and forget I could write code for you.

Thanks,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by win <wm...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Hopefully you will reconsider resigning.  If the issue is the French website at
http://www.openoffice.org/fr/, although I have to rely on google translate, from
a users perspective your concerns seem valid.   Personally, I think you are
needed to resolve some of these issues for the best.

One example on the French website is what translates to Shop OpenOffice.org in
google translate, and it goes to a store to buy:

An Openoffice.org cap
Donate to the organization that hosts the site
Buy LibreOffice
Buy LibreOffice 10 pack
Buy a Seagull (this seems to be the sites mascot?)
T-Shirt LibreOffice
T-shirt collection 2008 OpenOffice.org
T-Shirt collection 2012 Openoffice.org
Neck (tie?) OpenOffice.org

Updating the English forum header info

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 07:11 -0400, drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-05-20 at 18:29 +0000, win wrote:
> > Another item that perhaps need to be fixed, this time on the apparently official
> > French forums
> >
> > http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/
> >
> > Every header under the Productions includes LibreOffice first, then a couple of
> > others, then Openoffice.org last. The Apache Software Foundation feather and
> > OpenOffice.org are at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Word Processing
> > Discussions about the LibreOffice StarOffice word processing NeoOffice or
> > OpenOffice.org Writer, but also on the HTML editor.
> >
> > In contrast the official userservices.openoffice.org/en/forum includes none of
> > the derivitives in the headings, nor does it include OpenOffice.org
>
> Hello win,
>
> Thanks for pointing that out - there was meta data in the past, not sure
> where we lost it.. went right ahead and updated the En forum with a
> proposed text and requested feedback from folks using the following post
> at the site:
>
> Hi,
>
> In reading the AOO Dev ML it came up that the site header was not
> carrying any information for the description and keywords meta
> information.
>
> I updated that via the ACP just now to:
> OpenOffice Help, OpenOffice Support, Setup, Troubleshooting,
> Documentation, Open Source, Office, Office Suite, Howto, productivity
> software, StarOffice, Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math" />
> user to user help and discussion forum for exchanging information and
> tips with other users of Apache OpenOffice, the open source office
> suite." />
>
> So, I think this is sufficient really and would like to propose that we
> try and do this across all the sites, translated as appropriate
> - thoughts on the proposed text?
>
> Thanks
>
> feedback from folks on the list here also appreciated.

Hi,

Thought that one of should of at least changed the subject line here and
should of given a link to the post at the forum IMO also.

so did and here is a link to the first update suggestion for the text
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235840#p235840

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
Is this due to "french website management"?

Eric, I knew your name quite a couple of years ago, because of your
work on Mac porting.
So I am really glad to see you here again when the project started.

Your contribution is well known in community. Please think twice for
the resignment.

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM, eric b <er...@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> After what happened, please consider I'm resigning form PPMC.
>
> Please remove my commit rights, and my name from everywhere on the Apache
> site, and forget I could write code for you.
>

> Thanks,
> Eric Bachard
>
> --
> qɔᴉɹə
> Projet OOo4Kids : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Main_Page
> Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

--
Erik Ma

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM, eric b <er...@free.fr> wrote:

> After what happened, please consider I'm resigning form PPMC.

The problem is that I don't know "what happened". Could you elaborate?.
Or better, take a few days off list, then join back and reconsider.

The only thread from you I saw recently was about the French language
sites, and let me tell you, that I side with your views, I just didn't feel
the need to jump in into the middle of a conversation, as I have little to
do (and no knowledge) of the French language so there was little I could
add.

Please stay with us...

FC

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 17/05/2012 eric b wrote:
> After what happened, please consider I'm resigning form PPMC.
> Please remove my commit rights, and my name from everywhere on the
> Apache site, and forget I could write code for you.

Hi Eric,
whatever you decide, the scope of your contributions (and the project
itself) is big enough that if you have problems with how the French
translations are managed you can still help a lot with coding, porting,
mentoring students... I hope you can return soon, if not immediately, to
your usual and appreciated activities in the project.
Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by Xia Zhao <li...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Sorry I am crazying with other things these days and no choice to take a
look at mail list.. I am so suddently to see your resigning note ..

Though you may know less about me but I did know your contribution and your
passion to this community. Stongly suggest you reconsidering your
resigning, we do not want to lost one person like you here..

Best regards,
Lily

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
This is shocking, and really is a sudden lose! >//<

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Re: Resigning from PPMC

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cyril,

2012/5/17 FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>

> >After what happened, please consider I'm resigning form PPMC.
> What's wrong? Your name don't appears on a translated text?
> Is it a point of disagree for you?
>
> As I explain before, if you want to manage the fr website, you can.
>
> For example, you could help us to update this page in priority:
> http://www.openoffice.org/fr/contact-forums.html
> All links are wrong and your new ML is not showing
>
> I can't do it better.

 First, I will thank you for your permanent investment in the
OpenOffice.org project now and during the last past years. Honestly I
consider (personal opinion, of course) the forum fr as the most
professionnal group of the french community to help for the OO end users.
So, many thanks !

But regarding the fr website, unfortunately, I have to store the polishing
brush in the closet, because you are playing with matches!

What's wrong?

For me, certainly not the fact that you manage it, i have no competence to
do it, but I consider that the link to "La Mouette" is totally inadequate
on the first fr page of the AOO project.

The reason is that, in the former fr mailing lists, we had some problems
with some people coming from this nest, who were squatting the lists only
to empty them or vehiculate wrong informations about Oracle's intentions
about the OO.org project, etc.

So, if you have decided to promote this organisation, so that they could
buy peanuts for a garden-party, please, do it rather on your own website,
or blog, or in a dedicated LibO part on the forum fr.

This post does not change my opinion of the clear value of your commitment
and your contributions to the AOO project.

A+

--

gw

Re: Resigning from PPMC