Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Peake, Chris" <Ch...@ca.com> on 2002/10/25 23:56:26 UTC

Axis generated client code vs. .Net using same WSDL

We have generated WSDL code (home grown generated) that appears as follows:
<types>
..<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="urn:ValueStressTypes.localhost">
<xsd:element name="consult">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1" name="consultData" type="types:Pattern" />  <<<<== this is the question area here
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:complexType name="Pattern">
....... and so on with the defintion of Pattern
Axis generated client code  sends a soap message that uses the <consult> as the method name followed by a 'sequence' of complex types but using
the element as named <Pattern>  but .NET creates code that sends the element named as <consultData> which in our world, actually works.
Apparently, this has changed in Axis in 'recent' past.  Problem is 'now' showing up in our testing.
Why is Axis now generating the soap element with the element 'type' attribute  versus it's name attribute?

Chris