Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2003/06/25 22:06:54 UTC

PATCH: book: miscellaneous minor fixes

Minor fixes to documentation.

* doc/book/book/ch01.xml
* doc/book/book/ch05.xml
  Fix grammar.

* doc/book/book/ch08.xml
  Fix grammar of a reference to a syntax specification.
  Change a note (that explains that no log output means no change) from type
  "warning" to type "tip" because it is not a dangerous situation.

* doc/README
  Update our rules for quoting, because we want to use <quote> which is not the
  standard practice in texinfo.

Re: PATCH: book: miscellaneous minor fixes

Posted by Paul L Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com>.
In a message dated: 27 Jun 2003 10:23:26 CDT
kfogel@collab.net said:

>Remember you can use 'svn log' to find out...

Right, but that would require fore thought and taking the easy way
out.  Who wants to do that ? ;)

(thanks :)
--

Seeya,
Paul

Re: PATCH: book: miscellaneous minor fixes

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Paul L Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com> writes:
> >Julian Foad wrote:
> >> Minor fixes to documentation.
> >
> >Thanks for committing this, MBK.
>
> If this was committed, I'm not going to submit an issue today.  Let
> me know if am incorrect in my interpretation of this e-mail :)

Remember you can use 'svn log' to find out... I did that and searched
for "mbk", since that's his repository username, and the first match
was this:

   rev 6353:  mbk | 2003-06-25 16:21:21 -0700 (Wed, 25 Jun 2003) | 18 lines

   Minor documentation updates contributed by Julian Foad
   <ju...@btopenworld.com>.  Thanks, Julian!

   * doc/book/book/ch01.xml
     Grammar fix.

   * doc/book/book/ch05.xml
     Grammar fix.

   * doc/book/book/ch08.xml
     Grammar fix.
     Change a note that explains that not log output means no change from
     a "warning" to a "tip", because it is not a dangerous situation.

   * doc/README
     Update quoting rules to reflect the fact that we prefer <quote>, which
     is not the standard practice in texinfo.

If this matches the patch mail you were considering filing an issue
for, then clearly there's no need for the issue :-).

Best,
-Karl

Re: PATCH: book: miscellaneous minor fixes

Posted by Paul L Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com>.
In a message dated: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:23:08 BST
Julian Foad said:

>Julian Foad wrote:
>> Minor fixes to documentation.
>
>Thanks for committing this, MBK.

If this was committed, I'm not going to submit an issue today.  Let
me know if am incorrect in my interpretation of this e-mail :)

Thanks,

Paul (standing in for Sander as patch monitor :)

Re: PATCH: book: miscellaneous minor fixes

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Julian Foad wrote:
> Minor fixes to documentation.

Thanks for committing this, MBK.