Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2012/06/22 11:40:00 UTC

XML Security for Java 2.0

Hi all,

In an earlier mail to this list, I described a proposal for a 2.0 version
of the XML Security for Java project:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.security.devel/7575

I'd like to start working on this proposal shortly. Essentially, this
involves copying the current trunk code to a branch, and moving the
streaming XML Security code from the WSS4J project branch into a new
package on trunk:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/swssf/bindings/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/swssf/streaming-xml-security/

This will require dropping JDK 1.5 support for the 2.0 release. As part of
this work I will also start a vote to make Marc Giger a committer on the
Santuario project, as he is the original author (and active maintainer) of
the code.

Any feedback or objections to this plan are welcome...

Colm.
--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: XML Security for Java 2.0

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
> At this point, Santuario (Java) does not implement the XML DSig v2.0 spec. Of
> course, it'd be cool to support the new features, but we need someone
> willing to do the work ;-) I have no immediate plans to work on it, maybe
> after the streaming stuff gets done.

On the C++ side, it's unlikely I would do anything with this code base if I worked on any 2.0 code. My needs in OpenSAML are limited to very specific use cases, and maintaining the full code base, with a totally incompatible XML processing model, is a lot of extra work.

-- Scott

Re: XML Security for Java 2.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Pellerin, Clement <Clement_Pellerin@ibi.com