Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/30 18:01:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1003048 [1/2] - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/exception/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/exception/util/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/stat/

On 30 September 2010 13:55,  <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: erans
> Date: Thu Sep 30 12:55:02 2010
> New Revision: 1003048

> Log:
> ade all distribution classes immutable (as per the conclusion of MATH-349).

There are still a few private immutable fields which have yet to be
made final - see example below

I can fix those, or do you want me to create a JIRA and patch for them?

> Modified: commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/AbstractContinuousDistribution.java

>     /**
>      * Solver absolute accuracy for inverse cum computation
>      * @since 2.1
>      */
>     private double solverAbsoluteAccuracy = BrentSolver.DEFAULT_ABSOLUTE_ACCURACY;

The above field is not mutated, but is not final. It could/should be final.

Also, there are still (deprecated) setters in
(Binomial|HyperGeometric|Pascal|Zipf)Distribution* which could
presumably be deleted now?

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

> There are still a few private immutable fields which have yet to be
> made final - see example below
>
> I can fix those, or do you want me to create a JIRA and patch for them?

No problem, I'll do another pass for the "final" keyword.

> [...]
>
> Also, there are still (deprecated) setters in
> (Binomial|HyperGeometric|Pascal|Zipf)Distribution* which could
> presumably be deleted now?

Yes, I forgot to process the "IntegerDistribution"s...
I'll fix that too.

Thanks,
Gilles