Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/06/29 19:06:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Graduation for Sanselan [RESULT]

With 10 +1 votes from incubator PMC members, and no 0 or -1 votes,
this vote passes.

The following +1 votes were received:

Martin Dashorst (binding)
Bertrand Delacretaz (binding)
Craig L Russell (binding)
Carsten Ziegeler (binding)
Emmanuel Bourg
Kevan Miller (binding)
Niall Pemberton (binding)
Yoav Shapira (binding)
Felix Meschberger (binding)
Paul Fremantle (binding)
Vamsavardhana Reddy
Jeremias Maerki (binding)

Sanselan is officially discharged from the incubator and becomes a
subproject of Apache Commons.

Many thanks to all who helped along the way.

Craig

On Jun 21, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sanselan has been in incubation since September 2007. Sanselan is a
> pure-java image library for reading and writing a variety of image
> formats.
>
> Monthly and then quarterly reports can be found at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sanselan/board/
> The first official Apache Sanselan incubating release occurred on
> July 30th, 2008.
> A few months back we took a final look at Sanselan's status with
> regard to exiting the incubator. We concluded that while the code
> and the committer for Sanselan were ready to exit the incubator,
> community was an issue. We didn't see the prospect for getting
> enough of a community to graduate Sanselan as a TLP. But Apache
> Commons was eager to adopt Sanselan, and they voted to do so.
> Sanselan is now ready to graduate the incubator and assume its role
> as a subproject of Apache Commons.
> Please review the checklist at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sanselan.html
>  and verify that Sanselan is ready.
>
> +1 graduate Sanselan into Apache Commons
> +-0 don't care
> -1 don't graduate because...
>
> Voting will remain open until Thursday June 25.
>
> Craig L Russell
> Incubator PMC, DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
> clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Graduation for Sanselan [RESULT]

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Craig L Russell<Cr...@sun.com> wrote:

> Sanselan is officially discharged from the incubator and becomes a
> subproject of Apache Commons.

Excellent!!

Mentors, remember to update the STATUS page, projects/index.xml and
Navigation styles...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Graduation for Sanselan [RESULT]

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.