Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Shah.Abhishek" <en...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 11:33:17 UTC

Apache Jackrabbit Scalability and Performance

Hi,

We are implementing a CMS for storing account related documents. Our
approximate requirement of storage would be around 1 million documents(350kb
each) per annum, which comes around 340GB of data approximately.

I would like to know if Apache Jackrabbit can be scaled to that extent
without compromising on performance or consistency.

Thanking in advance

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Scalability and Performance

Posted by "Shah.Abhishek" <en...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to add, we don't have a deep hierarchy. Hence number of child nodes
per parent node will be high. And we can't opt for clustering.

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Scalability and Performance

Posted by "Shah.Abhishek" <en...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

To all those who visit this post with similar queries, we did performance
testing for the above scenario.
with a hierarchy upto a depth of 3 level, we were able to store 2million
documents.
Size exceeded 500gb and the performance was pretty much under the expected
industry standard. (Can't disclose the figures as I ain't allowed)
Server used was a commodity server.
There was a lag and inconsistency observed when concurrent users tried to
upload under a same node at same time, but that can be handled by decent
login module.

Hope this helps