Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2014/06/22 18:36:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Storm 0.9.2-incubating

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is a call for a vote to release Apache Storm (incubating) version
> 0.9.2. This will be the 2nd release of Apache Storm.

> Release vote result:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-storm-dev/201406.mbox/%3c0F81F852-EEB9-4025-80AB-1F0E92470535@gmail.com%3e

It has now been 7 days since the RC was proposed on dev@storm and 3 days
since the IPMC VOTE was called on general@incubator.  So far, we have
only one IPMC vote, from Storm Mentor Arvind Prabhakar.

The Storm community should be made aware that since the Incubator
perennially has difficulty mustering release votes, a alternate system
has been put into place.  Had this system been followed, the current
tally would have been enough for the VOTE to pass today.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Storm 0.9.2-incubating

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marvin,

As I understand it, using the the alternate voting system requires IPMC approval (correct me if I'm wrong...).

Is it as difficult to get IPMC votes for that approval as it is for release VOTEs?

If we seek and get that approval, can we apply it to that VOTE and release by filling out and committing the template?

-Taylor