Posted to user@uima.apache.org by feixiangcq <fe...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 09:14:25 UTC

The problem of using SourceDocumentInformation

Hello,
  I have problems about using SourceDocumentInformation in AE.This object
stores detailed information about the original source document.For example,
I want to indentify the last file that client sends by the method
getLastSegment().However,when I deploy a AE in server,and client sends
files using FileCollectionReader,I print information about the method
getLastSegment().It
always displays false even it is the last file.I check the files produced
by the AE.
In the last file,it contains:
<examples:SourceDocumentInformation xmi:id="13" sofa="1" begin="0" end="0"
	uri="file:/G:/Project/UIMAAS/apache-uima-
as/data/input/New_IBM_Fellows.txt"
	offsetInSource="0" documentSize="3665" lastSegment="true"/>
The lastSegment is true.I print the method geturi(),it is null.Obviously,
it doesn't store information.Can anyone help me?
I use SourceDocumentInformation in AE like this:
 	  SourceDocumentInformation srcDocInfo = new
SourceDocumentInformation(aJCas);
	  System.out.println(srcDocInfo.getLastSegment());
Is there something wrong?
I am really appreciated if you give me a help.Thank you!

feixiang

Re: The problem of using SourceDocumentInformation

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

feixiangcq wrote:
> Hello,
>   I have problems about using SourceDocumentInformation in AE. This object
> stores detailed information about the original source document. For example,
> I want to indentify the last file that client sends by the method
> getLastSegment(). However,when I deploy a AE in server, and client sends
> files using FileCollectionReader, I print information about the method
> getLastSegment(). It
> always displays false even it is the last file. I check the files produced
> by the AE.
> In the last file, it contains:
> <examples:SourceDocumentInformation xmi:id="13" sofa="1" begin="0" end="0"
> 	uri="file:/G:/Project/UIMAAS/apache-uima-
> as/data/input/New_IBM_Fellows.txt"
> 	offsetInSource="0" documentSize="3665" lastSegment="true"/>
> The lastSegment is true. I print the method geturi(),it is null. Obviously,
> it doesn't store information. Can anyone help me?
> I use SourceDocumentInformation in AE like this:
>  	  SourceDocumentInformation srcDocInfo = new
> SourceDocumentInformation(aJCas);

This asks UIMA to create a new instance of SourceDocumentInformation in
the CAS.  The new instance is initialized with default values for all
the features.  In particular, the new instance's uri is null, and the
lastSegment is initialized to false.
> 	  System.out.println(srcDocInfo.getLastSegment());

This prints out the values of that feature on the new instance you just
created.

I think you mean to fetch the particular instance that was put into the
CAS by the FileCollectionReader.  To do that, please read in the
tutorial and user's guide manual, this part which describes how you
access the results of previous Annotators:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.reading_results_previous_annotators

Basically, the idea is that you get an iterator over the type
SourceDocumentInformation, and then ask the iterator for the first
instance, and use that as the value of the local Java variable
"srcDocInfo", instead of creating a new one.
> Is there something wrong. I am really appreciated if you give me a help.Thank you!

No problem.

-Marshall