Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Nicolas Maujean <nm...@hotmail.com> on 2004/12/28 16:03:27 UTC

[fileupload] FileUploadException : Stream ended unexpectedly

Hi,

  I am trying to upload a huge file of 6Go, to do this, I comment part in
FileUploadBase.java :
/*
        long requestSize = req.getContentLength();
        if (requestSize == -1)
        {
            throw new UnknownSizeException(
                "the request was rejected because it's size is unknown");
        }
        if (sizeMax >= 0 && requestSize > sizeMax)
        {
            throw new SizeLimitExceededException(
                "the request was rejected because "
                + "it's size exceeds allowed range");
        }
*/

   because request.getContentLength(), get a int so we are limited for this
reason to 2Go,
I am not using the ThresholdingOutputStream class, the datas that we get are
directly wrote to the disk and I don't use the memory for file less than the
threshold size that we can configure.

  When I upload the file on my computer (the distant machine is my
computer), it works fine. Where as, when I am using another distant machine,
I have the following exception :
FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed.
Stream ended unexpectedly
and it stops to upload the file always at the same point I can upload
1606478 ko (1.6 Go)

  Can anyone help ?

Nicolas Maujean