Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com> on 2002/05/02 11:11:18 UTC

Lexus version used in Xindice

Guys,

I'm trying to get a Lexus working outside of Xindice. Just downloading =
Lexus from the infozone site
doesn't really work, as their code hasn't been touched since 2000, and =
still uses a very old version of Xalan.

I'm wondering if the person(s) that integrated Lexus into Xindice could =
help me figure out how to get a newer version of Lexus, or how
to get it working with Xalan 2.x.xxx  (The XPath engine has changed, and =
I suspect this is what makes Lexus 0.2 dependant on the old Xalan...)

Thanks for any pointers you may have,
James

Re: Lexus version used in Xindice

Posted by Lars Martin <La...@smb-tec.com>.
On Thu, 2 May 2002 11:11:18 +0200
"James Bates" <ja...@amplexor.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm trying to get a Lexus working outside of Xindice. Just downloading =
> Lexus from the infozone site
> doesn't really work, as their code hasn't been touched since 2000, and =
> still uses a very old version of Xalan.
>
> I'm wondering if the person(s) that integrated Lexus into Xindice could =
> help me figure out how to get a newer version of Lexus, or how
> to get it working with Xalan 2.x.xxx  (The XPath engine has changed, and =
> I suspect this is what makes Lexus 0.2 dependant on the old Xalan...)
>
> Thanks for any pointers you may have,
> James

Lexus is now part of the XML:DB community. See the XUpdate project at
http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate . Last release is from 04/05/2002 and uses
Xalan2 by default. Regards, Lars.
Lars Martin                             mailto:Lars.Martin@smb-tec.com