Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 17:25:29 UTC

Re: adding float values in velocity(velocity variable reference)

Dear sudhitekkala,

[I'm replying to the user@velocity.apache.org list, which is a better place
for support and help for Velocity]

Are you using the latest Velocity 1.5?  Previous versions didn't support
decimal numbers.

Also, I note that your example is not correct.  There should be no quotes
around the numbers.

#set($a=300.05)
#set($b=500.05)
#set($c=$a+$b)

Hope this helps.

Best regards, WILL

On 6/19/07, sudhitekkala <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello guys
>
> actually a problem is araising when i am trying to add the float values or
> variables in the velocity... for example::
>
> #set($a=300)
> #set($b=500)
> #set($c=$a+$b) is working correctly and 800 value is displayed
>
> but when i am working with the float values i am not getting the
> calculation
> like:
>
> #set($a="300.05")
> #set($b="500.05")
> #set($c="$a+$b") is not working ........... it is showing the value as
> "$c"
> in the html page
>
> please provide me the guidence......that how to add the two float or
> string
> or integer+float values in the velocity page........

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com