Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "K.P.Majoor" <kp...@7bulls.com> on 2001/04/25 09:58:41 UTC

Should this be the sequence in classpath?

Hi all,

I've been trying to install cocoon under tomcat 4.0 b. and when I test
it I get the (probably well known) error :

Cocoon 1.8.2

                                    Publishing Engine could not be
initialized.

      java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)

              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:179)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157)
              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:802)
              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:583)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:231)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

              at

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:225)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

              at

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2175)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

              at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:446)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)

              at

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:162)

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)

              at

              at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:879)
              at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:827)

              at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:904)

              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I thought it had to do with the place of xerces inn my classpath, so I
changed my tomcat/lib dir to the following :

.   ant_1_1.jar      cocoon.jar      jasper-runtime.jar
sax-bugfix.jar        turbine-pool.jar   zxml.jar
..  axerces_1_2.jar  fop_0_15_0.jar  namingfactory.jar
stylebook-1.0-b2.jar  xalan_1_2_D02.jar

My java/lib/ext dir contains:
.  ..  jcert.jar  jnet.jar  jsse.jar

And the jre/lib/ext dir contains:
.  ..  jndi.jar

And yet still I get the error above.. can someone give me advice ? And
how can I see the classpath to check the sequence of these jar files? If
I echo $CS from the catalina.sh file, then they don't appear to be in
the classpath...

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Should this be the sequence in classpath?

Posted by "K.P.Majoor" <kp...@7bulls.com>.
For now my solution is removing the xml.jar from the lib directory...
This might help somebody facing the same problem. It's not THE solution, but for now
it will do

Posted by "K.P.Majoor" <kp...@7bulls.com>.