Posted to user@storm.apache.org by János Háber <ja...@finesolution.hu> on 2014/03/29 22:24:32 UTC

Local Cluster serialization

Hi,

I have a little question. In Local Cluster mode the serialization enabled?
Example if I emit a Json4s JValue type it's serializable by kyro? How can I
check without release to normal cluster?

Thanks

b0c1

Re: Local Cluster serialization

Posted by Adam Lewis <ma...@adamlewis.com>.
>From my observations, serialization is going to occur only if you have
parallelism in your LocalCluster (more than one worker thread).  I've also
found that when going from LocalCluster to the real thing, there will
always be a couple unexpected twists and some tuning to do.

Also, make sure to turn off java serialization fallback (
Config#setFallBackOnJavaSerialization(false)) to make sure Kryo is working
properly for all your types.