Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org> on 2008/06/25 07:44:10 UTC

[ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

I hope this will make the day for a few people :)

http://www.lucamorandini.it/fins/faq.html

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Sorry, I was not too clear here.
>
> I was suggesting that the plain text "src/main/resources/COB-INF/schema/"
> in the FAQ be converted to a hyperlink to point to that URL.

Well, that's was not meant to be a link, just an indication on were the
file is in the source tree... anyway, I've added a link to make it more
user-friendly.

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Well, it made mine!   Thanks Luca.
>
> PS.  Any reason the pointer for the Fins schema in the FAQ
> does not link to the on-line version:
> http://svn.cocoondev.org/viewsvn/trunk/fins/fins-core/src/main/resources/COB-INF/schema/?root=fins

Hmmm... I think it works, just click on the "View" link.

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Luca
>
> Perhaps its the URL.  I am currently using RapidSVN.
> I added a bookmark for Pebble -
> https://pebble.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pebble
> and it worked just fine...
>
> But when I use :
> http://svn.cocoondev.org/repos/fins/trunk
> I get an error -
> Error: Error while updating filelist (PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/fins/trunk'
> PROPFIND of '/repos/fins/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.cocoondev.org))
>
> Have I used the correct path?

Yes, that's the correct one: just tried a checkout with the Linux SVN
client, version 1.4.6.

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Hi

Lately svn released a new version (I think 1.5). Could it be that
cocoondev uses the latest svn version and RapidSVN isn't up to date yet?

Just an idea ...

Felix

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Luca

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Luca
>
> I am struggling to do this - have tried two clients so far...

Strange, usually SVN clients work like a charm. I would advise you to
try harder, since SVN is so widely popular you will many occasions to
use it in the future.

> I know this is really not your problem, but does ViewVC
> really not have a "download all" for the source code - seems
> quite strange?

Apologies, but I cannot be of any assistance on this.

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Luca

I am struggling to do this - have tried two clients so far...

I know this is really not your problem, but does ViewVC
really not have a "download all" for the source code - seems
quite strange?
Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:
> And a very stupid question - where is the link for the
> download?  the ViewVC site seems to allow you to browse
> & display files - but how does one get all of them at once?

You should get hold of an SVN client and issue something like:
svn checkout http://svn.cocoondev.org/repos/fins/trunk fins

Re: [ANN]: Fins 1.0 back-ported to Cocoon 2.1

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.