Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by naveen kumar <lo...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/01/18 08:25:51 UTC

Problem in mod_authz_svn

Hi ALl,

I have downloaded subversion-1.3.0 and compiled it .
All the things gone well...and also the mod_dav_svn
got installed and is working.
But the module "mod_authz_svn" is not installed, I
dont know why this happened since as per the Install
doc it shud also be installed along with mod_dav_svn
but it does not happened.....
mod_dav_svn installed but not mod_authz_svn

I am using Suse 9.2 and have preinstalled apache2
using rpms.

Can anyone tell me what cud be the problem and its
solutions......I will be very thankful to u

Thanks in advance
Naveen

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
naveen kumar <lo...@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> But the module "mod_authz_svn" is not installed, I

What does the command "make -n install-mods-shared" show?  You should
see something like:

$ make -n install-mods-shared
cd subversion/mod_dav_svn ; /usr/bin/install -c -d "/usr/local/apache2/modules" ; /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -S LIBEXECDIR="/usr/local/apache2/modules" -a -n dav_svn mod_dav_svn.la
cd subversion/mod_authz_svn ; /usr/bin/install -c -d "/usr/local/apache2/modules" ; /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -S LIBEXECDIR="/usr/local/apache2/modules" -a -n authz_svn mod_authz_svn.la

--
Philip Martin

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Posted by naveen kumar <lo...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi
I am hereby attaching the files :- compile1 ( For
./configure), compile2 (for Make) and compile3 ( For
make install)

Please look at them if u can help me out.

Thanks
Naveen

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Posted by naveen kumar <lo...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, naveen kumar wrote:

>   But as per the install doc mod_authz_svn.so shud also be installed along with mod_dav_svn.so.
>   I m not able to configure it out thats why i had post my problem
>   any suggestions ......or solutions.......plzzzzzzzzzzz
>
>   Max have u compiled latest release 1.3.......?????????

I do so regularly (I'm running nightly tests on the 1.3.x branch) and it
currently installs mod_authz_svn.so in the apache modules directory.  That
doesn't mean it does so on every system, of course.

If you could debug this further and possibly find some bug, that would be
helpful.  Else, why not just copy the .so file over to where you want it?

Thanks,
//Peter

Re: Problem in mod_authz_svn

Posted by naveen kumar <lo...@yahoo.co.in>.