Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Roy Fielding <fi...@beach.w3.org> on 1995/09/02 22:05:29 UTC

patches uploaded on hyperreal

I have completed uploading a new set of patches for 0.8.12
which includes newly-made patches for things that did not
make it through the last round.

I have made them all in the same format, including the two that RobH
already uploaded, -- they start with header lines identifying the
patch, what it affects, and what it requires, followed by a patch
created by `diff -c file.c.orig file.c`.  I have stuck with RobH's
naming scheme for now.  I have tested all the patches to be sure that
they apply cleanly.

NOTE: 09_no_bsd_conf.0.8.12.patch must be applied *after*
      02_NeXT_fixes.0.8.12.patch (these two conflicted in the 0.8.11
      versions, and 09 had to be re-created by hand).

Two of the files are not yet patches -- only action items.

Since Monday is a holiday in the States, I'm not sure what the timing
should be on the next release.  My guess is that anybody working on
the code this weekend should apply all the patches and test them out,
and that we should plan on a public release Tuesday night.  That also
means a vote deadline of Tuesday 4pm EDT, which I am hoping is enough
time for people in the UK.

Here are the headers for what is in

   http://www.hyperreal.com/httpd/patches/for_Apache_0.8.12/

==> 01_lock_fname.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Konstantin Olchanski <ol...@a2.phy.bnl.gov>
Subject: A 22 character string is being written into a 19 character array
Changelog:
    A string of length 22 was being strcpy'ed into "lock_fname"
    defined to hold only 19 bytes "lock_fname" is enlarged.
Affects: http_main.c

==> 02_NeXT_fixes.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Brian Pinkerton <bp...@webcrawler.com>, RobH
Subject: cleanup compiles on NeXT as well as fix a bug
Changelog:
     NeXT compile warning cleanups, and bug fix to stop NeXT from
     hitting a tight loop around accept() when apache parent is killed.
Affects: conf.h, http_main.c

==> 03_utsname_svr4.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Tobias Weingartner <we...@austin.BrandonU.CA>
Subject: Use utsname on SVR4 (SYSV) boxes
Changelog:
    Get rid of using gethostname() on SVR4 (SYSV) boxes,
    and use utsname() instead.
Affects: conf.h, util.c

==> 04_util_cleanup.0.8.12.patch <==
From: "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com>
Subject: util cleanup
Changelog:
  In util.c there are two (void *) missing... they're just to avoid compiler
  warnings, nothing dramatic.
Affects: util.c

==> 05_nego_cleanup.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Tobias Weingartner <we...@austin.BrandonU.CA>
Subject: Cosmetic change, so that gcc -Wall does not complain anymore.
Affects: mod_negotiation.c

==> 06_ignore_index.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Jarkko Torppa <to...@walrus.megabaud.fi>
Subject: Directory indices fail to work, either IgnoreIndex as distributed
         is totally wrong or the code is wrong.
Affects: mod_dir.c

==> 07_interrupt_accept.0.8.12.patch <==
From: "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com>,
      "Michael Davon" <Da...@Web-Depot.Com>
Subject: Linux patch to interrupt sleeping accepts
Affects: http_main.c

==> 08_LynxOS_new_gmtoff <==
From: swatt@Lynx.COM (Steven Watt -- KD6GGD)
Subject: LynxOS configuration additions
NOTE: This is not yet a patch

==> 09_no_bsd_conf.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Randy Terbush, Paul Richards
Subject: Fix problems with compiling under BSD 1.0
Requires: 02_NeXT_fixes.0.8.12.patch
Affects: conf.h, util.c, mod_include.c

==> 10_dynamic_load.0.8.12.patch <==
From: Roylston Shufflebotham
Subject: Fix dynamic loading
Affects: http_config.c, httpd.h, mod_dld.c

==> 11_imap_point.0.8.12.patch <==
From: James Cloos
Subject: adds the "point" directive to the imagemap module,
         giving it the same capabilities as the imagemap script.
Affects: mod_imap.c

==> 12_virt_server_name.0.8.12.patch <==
From: rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject: Causes the names of virtual servers to default to something
         like their proper values if not specified.
Affects: http_main.c

==> 13_new_icons <==
From: kevinh@eit.com (Kevin Hughes)
Subject: New color icons are done!
NOTE: This is not yet a patch
Comments:
        I just reworked my set of color icons, incorporating
        the better colors and a few icons that Andy Polyakov contributed.

Because we did not make 0.8.12 public, we now have no way to tell
users what problems are known and fixable, and thus we won't get
any useful user feedback until this round is done.  Would those who
vetoed the public release please rescind their vetoes so that I can
link in the appropriate patches?

......Roy