Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2003/02/10 08:18:59 UTC

Re: XML Schema -- Follow Up

This is a follow-up regarding on the Eclipse/XSD package. It took
some time to prepare to play and create a simple XML schema, but
that package seems like what I've thinking for my needs. The total
number of packages and their size are kinda more and bigger than
what I was hoping for my needs though. Thanks again, Bob.

Regards,

Pae

> Bob,
>
> Thank you for your reply as well as recommendation. I will take a
> look at it.
>
> Regards,
>

> Pae
>

> > Pae,
> >
> >       Obviously, you could use the DOM API provided by Xerces-J to
> > construct the infoset for the XML Schema consisting of the elements used
> in
> > the XML Representation of XML Schema, and then serialize that.
> >
> >       But if you want something that will help make sure that what you
are
> > building is truly a legal schema, or you expect to not only build a
schema
> > but sometimes update a schema, you might be better off using a library
> that
> > directly models the schema components.  There is an open-source Java
> > library to do this which you can find at http://www.eclipse.org/xsd .
(I