Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ben Fowler <bf...@dstc.edu.au> on 2004/02/12 07:28:46 UTC

aMapping.getInputForward() giving me grief!

Hi all,

I'm stubbing out a fairly large Struts application for my boss. I've
done all this before, but I seem to have had a massive attack of the
stupids, because for some reason, I've encountered a configuration issue
I can't solve.

Now I've hit a slight roadblock.  I've written an action,
("TestAction"), configured a DynaActionForm ("TestForm") and a JSP for
the view ("test.jsp"). I've also configured Validator to validate the
form.  I'm using XDoclet to build my struts-config.xml and web.xml files.

What I'm trying to do, is to test a "round trip".  The action tries to
return aMapping.getInputForward() to bounce the user back to the input
form, HOWEVER,  aMapping.getInputForward() is incorrectly giving me null.

I've checked my configuration a thousand times and I can't see what I'm
doing that would cause aMapping.getInputForward() to give me 'null' in
my action (when I expect the "input" attribute from my action mapping).

Does anybody have any ideas or hot tips on anything I might've screwed
up to cause all this?

-regards,

Ben.

--
 Ben Fowler (Software Engineer)
 CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology (DSTC Pty Ltd)