Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Giacecco <gi...@giacec.co.uk> on 2006/09/27 13:50:37 UTC

Multiple authentication not working

I am setting up a new 1.4 Svn server. This time, I want to get both Windows
authentication and basic authentication running, following the instructions
at
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-serversetup.html#tsvn-serversetup-apache-6
. I am using the binary Subversion distribution, Apache 2.0.59 (no SSL yet)
and mod_auth_sspi 1.0.4 .

The instructions are very good, but I think they may be wrong in describing
the multiple authentication settings. There is also an explicit mistypo
where it says that both AuthAuthoritative and SSPIAuthoritative must be set
to Off, and then SSPIAuthoritative is On a few lines later in the example.

What happens is that - in visiting the page with Firefox (so not to be
automatically recognised as it would happen with IE) - the first
authentication request dialog I get is the basic authentication one; I
insert a correct username/password couple, then get a new authentication
request dialog, this time for the Windows authentication.

I am sure I am not far from the solution because - if I comment one or the
other set of settings - the remaining authentication works fine. Here is my
Apache Location directive:

<Location />
    DAV svn
    SVNListParentPath on
    SVNParentPath "c:/svn_NEW"
    AuthName "Subversion Authentication"

    # NT Domain authentication
    AuthType SSPI
    SSPIAuth On
    SSPIAuthoritative Off
    SSPIDomain BULLDOG
    SSPIOfferBasic On

    # htpasswd authentication
    AuthType Basic
    AuthAuthoritative Off
    AuthUserFile "c:/svn_NEW/passwd"

    # path-based authorization
    AuthzSVNAccessFile "c:/svn_NEW/authz"
    Require valid-user
</Location>

Any advice? Thank you in advance,

Giacecco

Re: Multiple authentication not working

Posted by Samay <ge...@hotmail.com>.
not a solution however, for 'firefox' you may follow following steps for
SSO.
a) close all but one firefox sessions
b) go to url "about:config"
c) in the find key "network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris" .. double click ..
add the 'svn server URL in it'
d) close firefox .. so that it saves tis config change
e) open firefox and go to the SVN URL .... it should provide single sign on.

also, your config has two sets of Basic Auth providers "SSPIOfferBasic On" &
"AuthType Basic" section. u should try with "SSPIOfferBasic Off". You may
wanna ask this to folks @ Apache Httpd user mailing lists as this is some
what outside SVN and more into Apache domain!

.SJ

Posted by Antao Almada <an...@iilab.com>.

Building svn from source

Posted by Mohammed Rahman <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
  I just finished building the latest svn from source and I spent several days to get all the pieces working. I thought I would share my experience. Here is all the pieces you need to build svn from scratch.

  1. Berkley db-4.4.20
  cd build_unix
../dist/configure --prefix=/opt/db-4.4.20
make
make install

  2. openldap 2.3.27
export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/db-4.4.20/lib
export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/db-4.4.20/include
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/db-4.4.20/lib
./configure --prefix=/opt/openldap-2.3.27
make
make install

  3. Make apache (Make sure you use apache 2.0.55, I could not get 2.2x working with webdav, dir locations are realtive to my environment, you should change them)
export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/db-4.4.20/lib:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/lib
export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/db-4.4.20/include:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/include
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/db-4.4.20/lib:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/lib

  ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache-2.0.55 --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-dav --enable-so --enable-maintainer-mode
make
make install

4. Make neon (make sure you use 0.25.5, dir locations are realtive to my environment, you should change them)
./configure --prefix=/opt/neon-0.25.5 CFLAGS='-fPIC'

make
make install

5. Make subversion
./configure --prefix /opt/subversion-1.4.0 --with-apr=/home/g031491/download/httpd-2.0.55/srclib/apr --with-apr-util=/home/g031491/download/httpd-2.0.55/srclib/apr-util --with-apxs=/opt/apache-2.0.55/bin/apxs --with-neon=/opt/neon-0.25.5

make clean
make
  make install

  If you follow the versions correctly, you should be able to build svn with no issue. After building svn "svn --version' commnd should show following result:

  svn, version 1.4.0 (r21228)
   compiled Sep 18 2006, 17:10:55
  Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).
  The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
  * ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

  Good luck,
  Mohammed

"I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills." ------Mahatma Gandhi