Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2020/11/15 19:02:32 UTC

Re: please read the comments in UIMA-6155 and add your views

> On 4. Feb 2020, at 15:08, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>
> There is in UIMA-6155 a discussion about changing the way the uima-wide shared
> pom treats versions inherited from the apache-wide pom.
>
> -Marshall

As a brief reminder: UIMA-6155 is about defining plugin versions
in the UIMA parent POM instead of relying on versions inherited
from the Apache parent POM.

I take it nobody else has an opinion / objection on this topic.

My understanding is also that Marshall did just voice concerns, but
did not put a -1 on the change.

Hence I plan to proceed with the changes discussed UIMA-6155 in this PR

https://github.com/apache/uima-parent-pom/pull/1

Cheers,

-- Richard