Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/08 15:10:14 UTC

[VOTE] AR2 Release?

Dan Creswell wrote:

> Be worth digging out the recent discussion around AR2, I believe several
>  others are working towards getting this sorted.  See the archives and
> specifically the thread titled "AR2".

I presume you are referring to the discussion initiated by Jim Hurley
around 11 Sept and the thread initiated by Dennis Reedy back in Jul/Aug.

I see therein a consensus (of only a few  voices;-) to rather get a
release out rather than wait until all the Jira issues "officially
scheduled" for AR2 are closed. (I also note some discussion around
improving tests, but that's a bit out of my spheres of competence or
interest.) I didn't see anything where anyone said "OK let's do AR2",
hence sticking my head in the noose ;-)

So let me call for a vote: Do we feel we're ready to cut the next release

[ ] soon, even though it means leaving out some issues for AR3
[ ] only after we've nailed all the issues currently scheduled for AR2

--
mike morris :: mikro2nd (at) gmail (dot) com

http://mikro2nd.net/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Ronald J Mann <Ro...@Sun.COM>.
+1.

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
[x] soon, even though it means leaving out some issues for AR3

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Dan Rollo <da...@gmail.com>.
(non-binding)

[X] soon, even though it means leaving out some issues for AR3

Dan Rollo

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Sean Landis <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by John McClain <Jo...@Sun.COM>.

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Jim Waldo <Ji...@sun.com>.
I vote for sooner rather than more complete

Jim Waldo

Re: [VOTE] AR2 Release?

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>.
+1.