Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <jo...@lrtw.org> on 2014/07/20 00:53:35 UTC

Code of Conduct - any other comments?

Other than the thread discussing point 2, does anyone have any
additional concerns or comments about the Code of Conduct draft?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41812010

With one exception, the sense I am getting is that the document is in
good shape and ready to be voted on once the bylaws are passed.

Best regards,
Joan

Re: Code of Conduct - any other comments?

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
> On Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 23:53, Joan Touzet wrote:
>
> > Other than the thread discussing point 2, does anyone have any
> > additional concerns or comments about the Code of Conduct draft?
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41812010
> >
> > With one exception, the sense I am getting is that the document is in
> > good shape and ready to be voted on once the bylaws are passed.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Joan

LGTM.

Thanks everybody who has contributed.

A+
Dave

Re: Code of Conduct - any other comments?

Posted by Simon Metson <me...@apache.org>.
Hey Joan,
Looks good to me, though there seems to be a bit of unnecessary duplication in "Reporting Guidelines”, 1st half of the 2nd paragraph is very close to the 2nd half of the 1st para (made me think I was seeing double). How about:

"""
While this code of conduct should be adhered to by participants, we recognize that sometimes people may have a bad day, or be unaware of some of the guidelines in this code of conduct. Assume good faith; it is more likely that participants are unaware of their bad behaviour than that they intentionally try to degrade the quality of the discussion.

If you believe someone is violating this code of conduct, you may reply to them and point out this code of conduct. Such messages may be in public or in private, whatever is deemed most appropriate, and should still adhere to the relevant parts of this code of conduct; in particular, it should not be abusive or disrespectful. Should there be difficulties in dealing with the situation, you may report your compliance issues in confidence to private@couchdb.apache.org (mailto:private@couchdb.apache.org).
"""

Cheers
Simon