Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Amit Biyani <a3...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/14 16:39:42 UTC

How to Boot a VM in Advanced Zone with external DHCP

Hi, I am trying to deploy ACS with Advanced Zone with SG. With network offering, I am selecting only UserData with ConfigDrive and SecurityGroup. I am using untagged vlan as hypervisor have single nic to use for all type of traffic. But when I try to PXE boot a VM from external DHCP which is on same network or to get DHCP lease from external DHCP. It doesn't get any DHCP lease. I have already included ingress and egress rules with All Protocol and CIDR of 0.0.0.0/0 .

ACS Version - 4.14

Hypervisor and management is on Centos 7.X latest
Libvirt and Qemu is from centos-rhev-ev repo

Re: How to Boot a VM in Advanced Zone with external DHCP

Posted by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch>.
Hi Amit,

Ingress and Egress rules only have an effect when the traffic goes through the virtual router. Conversely, DHCP traffic is normally not meant to pass through routers or gateways. But from your description, I gather you want a shared network anyway.

Did you run a tcpdump on the host to see where your traffic ends up and if the network segments are joined together correctly?

Regards,
Gregor