Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ni...@free.fr on 2005/06/20 21:56:54 UTC

Axis generates an empty wsdl file or not at all

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with the WSDL2Java tool.  It always gives me a deploy.wsdd
file containing only an empty <deployment> tag.  Here's the steps I take.

1. I run the WSDL2Java tool, with the following command line:

> java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o . -as -S true mywsdlfile.wsdl

2. WSDL2Java runs without errors.  All of the generated files (stub, impl,
etc.) are fine except that the deploy.wsdd and undeploy.wsdd are empty.

3. if I run without the output option (-o .), I have an io exception :
> java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -as -S true mywsdlfile.wsdl

Generating deploy.wsdd
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:180)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaDeployWriter.getPrintWriter(JavaDeployWriter.java:706)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:127)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaDeployWriter.generate(JavaDeployWriter.java:102)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:450)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:484)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:44)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

OS: Windows 2000
JDK: 1.4.1_01
Axis: tried 1.2 beta and 1.2 with same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.