Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Riley, Cameron" <CR...@ekmail.com> on 2001/04/05 14:36:54 UTC

Turbine Documentation Project [was RE: More reference document ab out TDK]

Ewan,

> Rather than complain all the time, I am willing to write some
> basic getting started documentation if

That would be greatly appreciated.

>a) someone will advise where I should send/post it

To the turbine-dev list, to this list, or directly to me, criley@ekmail.com
. It also doesnt matter how skeletal it is either, it will be improved
incrementally, so dont be scared to create something basic that can be added
to. Publish early and publish often :)

>b) if some of you can give me some pointers on how to
>proceed beyond the initial TDK app.

1.Create a simple schema with a few tables
2.From either torque or the tdk build component, build the om and peer
classes for your <projectname>-schema.xml.
3.Create a layout and navigations in Velocity for the UI
4.Create Actions and Screens so you can populate, edit and delete data in
your tables.
5.Anything else that you think is useful in getting started in development
with the TDK.

cam

Cameron Riley
criley@ekmail.com

Turbine Documentation Project
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-documentation-project.html

RE: Turbine Documentation Project [was RE: More reference document about TDK]

Posted by Ewan Makepeace <ew...@yahoo.com>.
OK Cool,

[snip]