Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@vmware.com> on 2020/07/02 19:53:32 UTC

PR submission and Commit message etiquet.

Hey there Geode-Devs,

It has come to my attention that there have been a few commits that have creeped into the `develop` branch that don’t follow a standard that we have set.

I would like to make every committer and contributor aware of the following code of conduct we have all agreed to: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Criteria+for+Code+Submissions and https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Commit+Message+Format

I know it is sometimes just easier not to do it… but it does not help the community in the long run.

Can we all please be vigilant and proactive in keeping to, finding and addressing such simple things so that they don’t become a habit and a smell we cannot get rid of.

—Udo