Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kayak28 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/27 02:32:19 UTC

Question for SOLR-14471

Hello, Solr community members:

I am working on translating Solr's release note every release.
Now, I am not clear about what SOLR-14471 actually fixes.

URL for SOLR-14471: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14471

My questions are the following.
- what does "all inherently equivalent groups of replicas mean"?
    - does it mean children of the same shard?
    - are they different from "all available replicas"?
- what does "last place" mean?
     - does it mean that a replica, which is created at the last?

Honestly, I am not familiar with Solr Cloud structure, so
I would be happy if anyone could help me to understand the issue.

--

Sincerely,
Kaya