Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/06/24 17:31:50 UTC

bxe broken: "no body element found in your external XHTML document"

i haven't used bxe in a few days, so i can't say when exactly this bug
was introduced, but i think it used to work a week ago.

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: bxe broken: "no body element found in your external XHTML document"

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>> just a shot in th dark, but it's not related to the new usecase policies
>>> - i reproduced it with a default-permit UsecaseAuthorizer...
>>>

>> can anyone confirm this? it's a bit of a red-ear issue to me, as i have
>> to give a presentation about the state of our lenya deployment in an
>> hour...
>
> I can confirm it.
> The problem lies here:
>

> modules/bxe/sitemap.xmap
>
>   <map:match pattern="**/*.html">
>     <map:parameter name="BX_xhtmlfile"
> value="{../2}.bxe.html?rendertype=edit"/>
>

> The expression {../2} should return the single URL snippet after the
> last slash, but in fact it returns a path:
>
>   <file name="BX_xhtmlfile">authoring/index.bxe.html?rendertype=edit</file>
>
> I guess this is caused by the recent changes to the WildcardHelper & Co.
> We should add this to Cocoon's WildcardHelper test case and report a bug.

thanks for that pointer. a workaround:

 svn update --revision 30932 AbstractWildcardMatcher.java
 svn update --revision 30932 helpers/WildcardHelper.java
 svn update --revision 30932 modular/*Wild*

you will also have to revert the test cases, but i forgot which they
were. just follow the error messages.

it may break other things, i haven't done much testing, but it fixes the
"body" element issue.

--
"Án nýrra verka, án nútimans, hættir fortíðin að vekja áhuga."
"Without new works, without the present the past will cease to be of

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> I added the failing test case and filed a bug:
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1873
>> I added a (clean) workaround to our code.
>> BXE should work again now.
>
> thanks. i can't sync right now, because we went semi-production, but
> i'll check it out on my test system. andreas, i'll be getting ready for
> a 4-week vacation tomorrow. hiking through iceland for a change... :-D

That sounds great, in my experience such close-to-nature vacations
are really mind-refreshing. Have fun :)

> mind if i throw some remaining patches your way, as i won't be able to
> update them for a while?

Just attach everything you have to Bugzilla, we'll try to take care of it.

Thanks for your active participation in the last months!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: bxe broken: "no body element found in your external XHTML document"

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> i haven't used bxe in a few days, so i can't say when exactly this bug
>> was introduced, but i think it used to work a week ago.
>
> just a shot in th dark, but it's not related to the new usecase policies
> - i reproduced it with a default-permit UsecaseAuthorizer...

can anyone confirm this? it's a bit of a red-ear issue to me, as i have
to give a presentation about the state of our lenya deployment in an hour...

i may have broken it myself, but i'm reasonably sure i reproduced it
with a vanilla tree.

thanks,

jörn

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.