Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 05:57:09 UTC

IResourceFinder vs IResourceStreamLocator

I need to find resources (property resources)... from an external point and
fall back to wickets inbuilt property resolution.

I'm a little baffled... when stumbling upon:
IResourceFinder vs IResourceStreamLocator

I'm not sure which interface I should be implementing.
I've checked the javadoc and the usage within wicket.

They seam destined to be the same thing judging from the javadoc... and the
words "Locator" or "Finder" pretty much mean the same thing... and they both
return IResourceStream

I've seen some posts from ... several years back outlining that they are
named in a confusing manner (from Jonathan Locke)

Can someone shed some light on the subject please?  Which should I be
implementing (or extending existing implementation).

Re: IResourceFinder vs IResourceStreamLocator

Posted by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com>.
All good - initially this was going to be a datastore (eg a database)....
but it can now be filesystem - which means I dont need the answer.

getResourceSettings().addResourceFolder("configDir/override");

Still, those 2 interfaces seem very similar.

Rgds

Ned