Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Bowler <pa...@www.aventix.co.uk> on 2003/05/01 17:11:19 UTC

Cocoon 2.1 on iPlanet

Has anyone had any luck deploying 2.1 on iPlanet?

Our cocoon apps that work fine on Jetty/Tomcat fail to run smoothly on iPlanet, and I have traced the problem to
sitemap redirects that do not work as expected.

For example, the following:

<map:pipeline>
	<map:match pattern="">
		<map:redirect-to uri="home/home.xml"/>
	</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

This works fine, redirecting the browser from {context}/ to {context}/home/home.xml

However, in iPlanet the browser remains at {context}/ but the content from {context}/home/home.xml is sent to it,
throwing all contained anchor and image tags off.

Another symptom of this is that the authentication framework does not work at all as it relies on redirects.

Any sugestions on how we move forward?

--
Paul Bowler
Aventix Associates Ltd