Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org> on 2012/09/03 08:16:43 UTC

Stale links...

I was looking here:

http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html

The last link on the page is as follows:

OpenOffice.org Macros Explained (Publisher's site)
Introduction to macro programming in OpenOffice.org. 300 pages. August
2004, ISBN 1-930919-51-4.

The publisher is out of books and I offer a significantly updated free
version as a direct download from my web site.
http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Note that I have not finished updating the latest version, but it is
currently approaching 600 pages (I guess I added some new content).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: Stale links...

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 09/03/2012 09:32 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> On 3 September 2012 02:16, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org> wrote:
>> I was looking here:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html
> Do we continue using that very very old support page?
>
> I had replaced it with http://suppport.ooo but that was, uhm, more
> than five years ago. And times have changed. I'd rather have a modern,
> ideally dynamic, in some way (so that there is no central admin, say)
> wiki-style page. And I'd be surprised if we don't already.
>
> -louis
I agree that a wiki style is better, especially as is now.

Re: Stale links...

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

These pages are the same. <proj>.openoffice.org urls are redirected to www.openoffice.org/<proj>/

> And times have changed. I'd rather have a modern,
> ideally dynamic, in some way (so that there is no central admin, say)
> wiki-style page. And I'd be surprised if we don't already.

The page is in the Apache CMS and anyone can edit it - there is ASF support for this.

Anyone is welcome to develop a better Support page. Here is the history of the changes made at the ASF - note that since this went live the two people who made changes were Rob Weir and Jean Webber.

$ svn log index.html
r1365335 | robweir | 2012-07-24 16:03:56 -0700 (Tue, 24 Jul 2012) | 1 line

Remove per-file Google Analytics declarations in preparation for adding them to the site template
r1362623 | robweir | 2012-07-17 12:48:23 -0700 (Tue, 17 Jul 2012) | 1 line

remove link to consultants
r1220921 | jeanweber | 2011-12-19 11:51:14 -0800 (Mon, 19 Dec 2011) | 1 line

Committing changes to Support page.
r1220410 | wave | 2011-12-18 06:11:23 -0800 (Sun, 18 Dec 2011) | 1 line

Change links to be internal. Fix users list subscribe. Test Bookmarklet
r1171332 | wave | 2011-09-15 16:52:36 -0700 (Thu, 15 Sep 2011) | 1 line

path adjustments removing the /openofficeorg/
r1171314 | wave | 2011-09-15 16:07:40 -0700 (Thu, 15 Sep 2011) | 1 line

missed a couple of folders - contributing and support
r1162460 | wave | 2011-08-27 16:40:13 -0700 (Sat, 27 Aug 2011) | 1 line

Added support, contributing (removed donate), and projects. URL fixups for download, www, support, contributing and projects.

Dave

Re: Stale links...

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stale links...

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 09/03/2012 03:00 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>> On 09/03/2012 02:16 AM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>>> I was looking here:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/support/index.html
>>>
>>> The last link on the page is as follows:
>>>
>>> OpenOffice.org Macros Explained (Publisher's site)
>>> Introduction to macro programming in OpenOffice.org. 300 pages.
>>> August 2004, ISBN 1-930919-51-4.
>>>

>>> The publisher is out of books and I offer a significantly updated
>>> free version as a direct download from my web site.
>>> http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
>>>
>>> Note that I have not finished updating the latest version, but it is
>>> currently approaching 600 pages (I guess I added some new content).
>>>

>> Quick side note. Further up the page, it does link to my web site....
>> Perhaps the bottom link should simply be removed.
>>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I will remove the bottom link. Are there any changes to the other link
> required?
>
> BTW. Thanks for making a most helpful publication available.
>
> Dave

Nope, the existing link takes you to the root macro page, which contains
numerous documents, including the updated book.

Thanks!

Re: Stale links...

Posted by Dave Barton <bm...@apache.org>.

Re: Stale links...