Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Raj Patel <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 16:38:37 UTC

Cascading enableOnUserRole

I'm looking for a tag that would cascade the enableOnUserRole tag to
all nested tags- such as input fields.

Is such a thing possible?

Re: Cascading enableOnUserRole

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't know an automated way, but you could write a custom component
that iterates over its children (and grandchildren, etc). You could
just apply the enabledOnUserRole during encodeBegin. This new
component would just have which ever properties you need (visible on
user role, enable on user role, etc. It would render nothing, just
change it's children.

-Andrew