Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2020/01/10 05:06:58 UTC

Re: How to create KAR file including other features

Hi,

just reference this feature in your feature.

Basically, you create the features repo XML like this:

<features ...>

	<feature name="my" version="xx">
		<feature>jetty</feature>
		<feature>war</feature>
		<feature>webconsole</feature>
		<feature>pax-jdbc-oracle</feature>
		<bundle>...</bundle>
	<feature>

</features>

you provide this features XML to the maven plugin to create the kar
similar to the example here:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/examples/karaf-maven-example/karaf-maven-example-kar

The kar installation will install the my feature including the
transitive features.

Another approach instead of a kar is to create a custom distribution.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to create KAR file including other features

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

1. you are missing the <repository/> section in your features XML
2. you probably are missing the features descriptors in your pom.xml
with the correct scope.

Regards
JB

On 16/01/2020 06:26, jonathanknez wrote:
> I am not getting it. What I think should happen is that any feature that my
> feature depends on should be included in the resulting kar file (bundles and
> all). That would allow me to drop my kar into a karaf deploy directory on an
> offline machine and have my feature, and all its dependencies, installed
> automatically.
>
> I tried to reproduce the success Davi had, but my kar is not including other
> features. Here is exactly what I did.
>
> 1. git clone http://github.com/apache/karaf.git
> 2. cd karaf/examples/karaf-maven-example/karaf-maven-example-kar
> 3. mv src/main/feature/feature/features-repo.xml
> src/main/feature/feature.xml (now file in default location so maven picks it
> up)
> 4. Modify feature.xml to reference a bunch of other features as shown below:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <features name="examples"
> xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.4.0">
>     <feature name="kar-example" version="1.0-SNAPSHOT">
>         <feature>scr</feature>
>         <feature>cxf-jaxrs</feature>
>         <feature>cxf-http-jetty</feature>
>         <feature>spring-aspects</feature>
>         <bundle>mvn:commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6</bundle>
>     </feature>
> </features>
>
> 5. mvn clean install compile karaf:kar
> 6. Kar file produced and found in
> target/karaf-maven-example-kar-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT.kar
>

> So I modified the example project and added a bunch of features as
> dependencies. The resulting kar correctly contains the commons-lang bundle
> (/repository/commons-lang/*) but none of the bundles for the 4 features I
> added.
>
> Dropping this kar into Karaf on a disconnected machine would fail to
> install. What am I missing?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: How to create KAR file including other features

Posted by Davi Baldin Tavares <da...@gmail.com>.
JB. Got it and it worked.

Thanks,

Davi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Davi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: How to create KAR file including other features

Posted by Davi Baldin Tavares <da...@gmail.com>.
JB, Thanks.