Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by news 01 <mo...@laposte.net> on 2002/07/23 09:48:51 UTC

Use of server POP3

Hello,

I installed James and I develop a webmail (JSP/Servlet). Currently, James
doesn't support IMAP but I would like to manage several folders per user.
Normaly, POP3 servers doesn't support this, but I would like to know if
James can do that.

I've got another problem. I try to check "SEEN" some messages (to
differentiate them from the new messages), but I don't although I open the
directory in READ_WRITE and when I apply change (saveChanges() method with
Javamail), I've got an error (can't write, permission denied). Only flag
DELETE goes well.

Is it a limitation of the POP3 serveur or it's me ?
If it's a limitation of James, exist there an easy way to cure it without
instal IMAP server.

Thank you very much

HOWTO configure James with java ?

Posted by news 01 <mo...@laposte.net>.
Hello,

I developped a webmail (in JSP/Servlet/Linux) under James sever.
I want to developp an administration's web page for the server. I don't know
if the James API is the solution. I want, for example, have a possibility to
limit the size of the mailbox (eg. 10Mbytes). How can I do this in Java ?
Can I limit the size of files ?

Thank you !

Bicnic

R: Use of server POP3

Posted by Davide Frigerio <da...@wise-lab.it>.
It's not a limitation of James, the POP3 protocol doesn't support folders.

	Davide Frigerio