Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Christian Beutenmueller <fl...@web.de> on 2008/05/08 13:26:12 UTC

Using Tomahawk datascroller for a Trinidad Table

Hi folks,

I got a question, and it would be nice if someone wiser than myself,
could estimate if what I try to do is even worth a try.

I know that Trinidad's Table got it's own "data scroller" included. But
what if I'd like to use the tr:table with the Tomahawk datascroller? The
basic "problem" seems to be, that the Tomahawk datascroller relies on a
UIData, whereas the Trinidad CoreTable class is based on UIXCollection.

Assuming binding of both components to a bean, it should be possible to
develop a small class, that just delegates all the UIData methods to
their UIXCollection counterparts.

My question is: Could this work? Or is it a definitive dead-end? Or a
lot more complicated, than I think?

Any help is apreciated,
Christian

Re: Using Tomahawk datascroller for a Trinidad Table

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that it will be possible without a lot of work. IMO it
would be better to see why you want to do that and see if the tr:table
can be enhanced to cover any missing functionality.