Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martin Atkins <ma...@degeneration.co.uk> on 2005/10/10 11:31:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Controlling Apache Win32 as a Console App

Joost de Heer wrote:
>>If you want to script this, get something like ptree (from the resource
>>kit) or pskill (from sysinternals) to kill the process.
>

> I just remembered that ptree requires a service to be installed, so drop
> that option. pskill is what you want.

Thanks for the advice. That seems to work just fine.

I also wrote a small, quick and dirty Win32 console app which waits for
the console to be closed and then runs a second process, allowing both
mySQL and Apache to run in the same console and both be shut down
properly when the window is closed. I've attached the source code in
case anyone else tries to do the same kind of thing as I have tried. In
my setup, runonclose is called with a cmd script as its parameter.

All the best,
-Martin