Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paras Fadte <pl...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/29 08:43:23 UTC

Catching apache restart signal

Hi,

How can one catch a signal indicating apache restart in an external
program specified in httpd.conf file  . Example would be rotatelogs
utility or some other utility to which logs are piped .

Thank you .

-Paras

Re: Catching apache restart signal

Posted by Paras Fadte <pl...@gmail.com>.
which apr function will return me the appropriate signal that is given to httpd?

Posted by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paras Fadte <pl...@gmail.com>.
Can APR be used  ?

Sending data to client

Posted by "Hracek, Petr" <pe...@siemens.com>.
Hello all,

I am migrating apache module from version 1.3.41 to version 2.2.3
All seems to be OK but only one thing remains as not working and I have no idea how to solve it in Apache 2.2.

In the version 1.3.41 I used to following code for sending data to client:
ap_soft_timeout ("TEXT MESSAGE",r);
ap_rwrite(MESSAGE_TO_CLIENT, strlen(MESSAGE_TO_CLIENT),r);
ap_kill_timeout(r);

How can send data to client on Apache 2.2?
Are there any webpages relevant to this question?
Any examples?

If this question is not relevant for this forum or anyone can not help me could you please tell me which shall I use?

regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hráček

Re: Catching apache restart signal

Posted by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com>.