Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Weinger <sa...@wrycan.com> on 2006/01/14 23:05:42 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 JAAS

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Access Control to work
using a custom JAAS LoginModule under Tomcat 5.5.12.  I have setup the
JAASRealm in my web application context, but the slide server always
returns a 403 status code, eventhough my LoginModule authenticates the
user.  The same exact configuration works fine in Tomcat 5.0.28.  One
thing I have noticed is that in Tomcat 5.0.28, a file with the
[username].def is created in the directory store/metadata/users as well
as an entry in store/metadata/users.def in (xpath) data/object/children/
for the authenticated user.  Presumably, this is because in my
Domain.xml I have set under xpath /slide/namespace/configuration/
<auto-create-users>true</auto-create-users> and
<auto-create-users-role>org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode</auto-create-users-role>
Has anyone had any success with Tomcat 5.5.12 and JAAS?

--
Sam Weinger
Consultant at Wrycan, Inc.

sam.weinger@wrycan.com