Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by DZISIAK Jean-Paul <jp...@skynet.be> on 2007/05/13 19:47:02 UTC

[Tomahawk 1.1.5] panelNavigation2 questions...

Hello,

I do use a Tomahawk panelNavigation2.

The JSF page has the following statements:

<h:form>

<t:panelNavigation2 id="navigationMenu" layout="list">

<t:navigationMenuItems id="navitems"
value="#{navigationMenu.panelNavigationItems}"/>

</t:panelNavigation2>

</h:form>

The binding Bean has the following statement:

public List getPanelNavigationItems() {

            // Builds menu panel

             List menu = new ArrayList();

NavigationMenuItem catItem = getMenuCategoryItem(catID, categoryLabel,
null);

}

My questions are :

1) I cannot add an icon and a label simultaneously to a NavigationMenuItem
except separately. Is it a know bug ?

Moreover when an icon is displayed, there's a 1px border around it. How can
I get rid of it ?

2) When I want to change the content displayed by the navigationMenuItems,
how can I force the navigationMenuItems to reread its data ? I do use the
following utility and the "getPanelNavigationItems" is reread but the view
is not updated.

public static void updateView() {

        ViewHandler viewHandler = context.getApplication().getViewHandler();

        UIViewRoot viewRoot = context.getViewRoot();

        try {

            viewHandler.renderView(context, viewRoot);

        } catch (IOException ioe) {

            log.error("Utilities: updateView: " +
ioe.getCause().toString());

        }