Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Lev Lvovsky <li...@sonous.com> on 2007/06/26 19:55:38 UTC

ignoring whitespace?

Is there any method which allows for the ignoring of whitespace
between elements?

<element1>
	<element2>some text</element2>
</element1>

this doesn't seem to parse (understandably, I suppose).

thanks!
-lev

Re: ignoring whitespace?

Posted by Jason Stewart <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lev,

On 6/26/07, Lev Lvovsky <li...@sonous.com> wrote:
> Is there any method which allows for the ignoring of whitespace
> between elements?
>
> <element1>
>         <element2>some text</element2>
> </element1>

Yes, look at the parser settings. There is a setting which is off by
default to throw away ignorable whitespace. But you must have
validation turned on to make this work = which means that you need a
DTD.

> this doesn't seem to parse (understandably, I suppose).

Sorry, looks like fine XML to me, it should parse...

Cheers, jas.