Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/07/21 02:22:27 UTC

Re: ANN: Spring Kernel

Digging up an old thread....  We kind of ignored this tread when it
was posted.

On May 18, 2005, at 2:46 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 5/17/05, Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [Note: for some reason none of my email is getting through to dev, so
>> I apologize if this is a duplicate]
>>
>> I have just committed a demonstration Spring based Geronimo server.
>> This server uses a spring.xml file to configure the server and
>> actually uses the GBean.org Spring based kernel instead of the
>> existing Geronimo kernel to wire together services.
>>
>> The new code is located in sandbox/spring-assembly and you can try
>> out
>> the new server with the following:
>>
>> % cd sandbox/spring-assembly
>> % maven
>> % java -jar target/geronimo/bin/spring-server.jar
>> org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
>>
>> Once the server finishes booting, open http://localhost:8080/debug-
>> tool
>>
>> The demonstration server is not fully working, so your milage may
>> vary.  If you are interested in helping making this a fully working
>> server, please try it out and let me know what you don't like and
>> what
>> is broken (and then submit a patch).
>>

> I just built it and started it up just fine. The debug-tool comes up
> correctly, too. But I've been looking around a bit for the org.gbean
> code and I can't find it in the Geronimo repo or over at the Codehaus.
> Where can I find this code?
>
> Bruce

Here is the source:
   http://svn.gbean.org/trunk/kernel

Thanks for giving it a whirl, Bruce.  Admittedly, I didn't even try
it out myself.  I would like to now that the CTS blinders are off.
Dunno if the example still works, though....   Dain?

-David

Re: ANN: Spring Kernel

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/20/05, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> Here is the source:
>    http://svn.gbean.org/trunk/kernel
>
> Thanks for giving it a whirl, Bruce.  Admittedly, I didn't even try
> it out myself.  I would like to now that the CTS blinders are off.
> Dunno if the example still works, though....   Dain?

Originally, when the message that started this was posted, the code
had not yet been checked in and there was no web site at all. I'm
aware that it's there now.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project