Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by je...@tutanota.com on 2015/10/06 15:55:48 UTC

OCR images from PDF with Tika

Hello,

I use Nutch v1.10, i just want to know if Nutch with Tika parser v1.8 can
natively OCR images from PDF files? I can OCR JPEG or PNG files but Tika do
not convert images from PDF. I use Elastic to index.

Thank you

Re: OCR images from PDF with Tika

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I've just verified with Nutch trunk (upcoming 1.11):
- Tika 1.10 is able to OCR embedded images if
  PDFParser.properties is modified accordingly
  in tika-app-1.10.jar
- but parse-tika doesn't if same modifications
  are made in runtime/local/plugins/parse-tika/tika-parsers-1.10.jar

Needs some debugging to find out what is wrong.

Please, feel free to file a bug report on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH

Thanks,
Sebastian

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.