Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com> on 2017/08/17 16:15:26 UTC

Solr Logs to ELK / AWS Firestream

All,

I'm trying to get Solr logs into AWS Firestream.

Not having a lot of luck.

Does anyone out there have any experience getting Solr logs into an ELK
stack?  Or, better yet, getting Solr Logs into AWS Firestream?

We direct logs to SLF4J and use logback as our SLF4j implementation.

I have a number of issues, but won't go into them here - since they won't
mean much except in context.  If you have some knowledge here - let me know
and I'll ask my specific questions.

Thanks

Re: Solr Logs to ELK / AWS Firestream

Posted by Sebastian Klemke <se...@researchgate.net>.
Hey

On Do, 2017-08-17 at 10:15 -0600, John Bickerstaff wrote:
> I'm trying to get Solr logs into AWS Firestream.
>
> Not having a lot of luck.
>
> Does anyone out there have any experience getting Solr logs into an ELK
> stack?  Or, better yet, getting Solr Logs into AWS Firestream?
>
> We direct logs to SLF4J and use logback as our SLF4j implementation.
>
> I have a number of issues, but won't go into them here - since they won't
> mean much except in context.  If you have some knowledge here - let me know
> and I'll ask my specific questions.

We're using net.logstash.log4j.JSONEventLayoutV1 output to json logs and
have logstash collect them. The jsonevent-layout dependency and its
transitive dependencies have to be added to system classloader classpath
by putting them to lib/ext folder. Probably gelf appender would also
work, but we'd like to keep a local backup.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Klemke
Senior Software Engineer

ResearchGate GmbH
Invalidenstr. 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany

www.researchgate.net

Registered Seat: Hannover, HR B 202837
Managing Directors: Dr Ijad Madisch, Dr Sören Hofmayer VAT-ID:
DE258434568
A proud affiliate of: ResearchGate Corporation, 350 Townsend St #754,
San Francisco, CA 94107